You don't need a BBQ or smoker to enjoy delicious pulled pork year round. In this pulled pork recipe for the crock pot, we use Old No. 1 seasoning and a little low & slow heat to make this crowd-pleasing BBQ staple.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours Yields: About 3-4 cups pulled pork
- 3-4 lb pork butt roast (pork shoulder)
- Olive oil
- Old No. 1 Sweet + Heat + Tangy Seasoning & BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup water
- Old No. 1 BBQ Sauce [recipe here]
- Trim excess fat from outer edges of roast. Lightly coat the roast with olive oil, and rub all over with Old No. 1. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear roast on each side until brown and crispy. Remove from heat.
- Add water to slow cooker. Place seared roast in slow cooker. Cook on low power for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove roast from slow cooker and place on a large platter or baking sheet.
- Shred pork with two forks, discarding fat as you go.
- Place shredded pork in medium bowl. Add more Old No. 1 Seasoning to taste.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce to the bowl and toss with meat. Serve and enjoy! Can be enjoyed on its own, with a side of coleslaw and beans, or on buns for pulled pork sliders or sandwiches. Leftovers are delicious on nachos, in tacos or burritos, in scrambled eggs, or even in chili or soups.
Want 10% off your first order?
Sign up for our mailing list and get an instant coupon!
We love history, old movies, exploring the outdoors, and of course -- cooking together. Our faithful pups, Mila and Eva, are always ready to clean up any morsels that accidentally tumble from the kitchen counter.