Oven roasted broccoli. The best way to eat this cruciferous veggie, hands down. Seriously, once you have roasted broccoli in your oven, you'll never eat it raw or steamed again.
I was first introduced to the concept of roasted broccoli in PaleOMG's Instagram feed. I was intrigued. I had to try it. And OMG, was it good. No more limp steamed farty-smelling broccoli for this girl!
Our version uses Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning (not just for steaks & burgers!) to give it an extra smoky flavor. It's crispy, and wow — when paired with our spicy aioli sauce — makes an amazing snack, side dish, or hors d'oeuvre.
Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe with Spicy Aioli
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 20-25 min Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise (store bought or make your own with this recipe)
- 2-3 teaspoons Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Seasoning Blend*
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce*
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Abilene Depot Salt & Pepper Upgrade Seasoning Blend, to taste (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and place a rack in the lowest position (closest to the heat).
- Mix the mayonnaise, Three Kings, and Sriracha sauce, stirring well.
- Place aioli in the refrigerator.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (I like small florets because they get a little crispier)
- Toss broccoli florets in a bowl with oil and Abilene Depot seasoning until the broccoli is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange broccoli in an even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly burnt. Turn broccoli over about halfway through cooking.
- Serve broccoli with aioli sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- *Feel free to experiment with amounts, depending on how spicy you want it.
We love history, old movies, exploring the outdoors, and of course -- cooking together. Our faithful pups, Mila and Eva, are always ready to clean up any morsels that accidentally tumble from the kitchen counter.