Oven Roasted Broccoli with Spicy Aioli
Oven roasted broccoli. The best way to eat this cruciferous veggie, hands down. Seriously, once you have roasted broccoli in your oven, you'll never eat it raw or steamed again.
I was first introduced to the concept of roasted broccoli in PaleOMG's Instagram feed. I was intrigued. I had to try it. And OMG, was it good. No more limp steamed farty-smelling broccoli for this girl!
Our version uses Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning (not just for steaks & burgers!) to give it an extra smoky flavor. It's crispy, and wow — when paired with our spicy aioli sauce — makes an amazing snack, side dish, or hors d'oeuvre.
Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe with Spicy Aioli
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 20-25 min Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise (store bought or make your own with this recipe)
- 2-3 teaspoons Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Seasoning Blend*
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce*
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Abilene Depot Salt & Pepper Upgrade Seasoning Blend, to taste (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and place a rack in the lowest position (closest to the heat).
- Mix the mayonnaise, Three Kings, and Sriracha sauce, stirring well.
- Place aioli in the refrigerator.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (I like small florets because they get a little crispier)
- Toss broccoli florets in a bowl with oil and Abilene Depot seasoning until the broccoli is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange broccoli in an even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly burnt. Turn broccoli over about halfway through cooking.
- Serve broccoli with aioli sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- *Feel free to experiment with amounts, depending on how spicy you want it.